Prev: Re: [DS] More help with infantry Next: RE: [SG] Mercenary Mission Motivation

RE: Near-Topic: G forces

From: "Bob Makowsky" <rmakowsky@y...>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:26:32 -0400
Subject: RE: Near-Topic: G forces

This is true, it was rocket sled deceleration experiments during the 50s
(Eyes Out Gs).	Subject took approx 40 gs eyes out.  Complained of chest
pain.  Later experiments and autopsies show that the aorta will be
ripped
free from the heart at approx 40 gs.  Postulation is that his chest pain
(separate from chest straps markings etc) could have been damage to the
aorta just short of ripped free.

I think I have the info at work, will try to get it for tomorrow.

Bob Makowsky

They teach you the strangest things at crash dynamics and survivability
school <G>.