Prev: Re: Space Colonial Lingo (was: Re: Colourful Australian Lingo) Next: RE: VTOL stands, Traveller Figures, and Beth

Re: Space Colonial Lingo (was: Re: Colourful Australian Lingo)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:22:01 -0800
Subject: Re: Space Colonial Lingo (was: Re: Colourful Australian Lingo)

>From: Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.keme.co.uk>
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: Space Colonial Lingo (was: Re:  Colourful Australian Lingo)
>Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:40:10 +0000
>
>[snip]>
> >To get this back on topic - I wonder what words the colonists will
have
> >for the stay-at-home stick-in-the-mud Core population, and the
> >irretrievably conservative Earthies?
> >

>Possible Spacer/Habitat Dweller terms for planet-dwellers....
>
>Mudfoot?
>Dirtsider?
>Wellie (ie: "those that live down the Well....")?
>
>Can't think of anything offhand for Colonial planet dwellers vs. those
left
>back home.....

Spacers OR Colonists might call them "Bounders" (Earthbound)
or Earthworms (Worms, Wormies)

Spacers Might call Earthies OR Colonists anything mentioned above or
Grubs

Colonists might call Terrans Terriers
or Stayers
or Left-behinds (LB's, Lefties, etc.  Mind you, being left-handed, I
don't
advocate this line of thinking)
etc.

2B^2

Prev: Re: Space Colonial Lingo (was: Re: Colourful Australian Lingo) Next: RE: VTOL stands, Traveller Figures, and Beth