Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

RE: [FT] Fighter missile racks

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 15:33:45 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] Fighter missile racks

On Monday, February 04, 2002 1:53 PM, Jaime Tiampo
[SMTP:fugu@spikyfishthing.com] wrote:
> While on the topic of the IJN, and anime, and variabletype fighters, I
> got thinking about those wonderfully cinematic missile swarms that
> fighters invariably launch in anime. I was thinking that as
suplimentary
> weapon on fighters would be a 1 shot missile salvo.
>
> Fighter missiles:
> Cost: 1pt per fighter
> GE: Adds +1 to fighter attack roll once
> Entire group must fire missiles at once
>
> So regular fighters would do take out 1 fighter on 3-4 and 2 on a 5-6
> with reroll on 6.
>
> Jaime

The best match would be a one-shot Submunition pack.
Rules-wise, the squadron rolls double die for each fighter on the first
turn
of combat.
Points cost... this makes them an extremely effective first strike
weapon,
so at least +2 points per fighter, more likely +3 points depending on
how it
would playtest out.

Troll throught the archives or visit the WDA archive (lost the address).
recall a discussion on a similar point early last year.

Brendan

Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[