Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:17:40 -0500
Subject: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

> > Hey!  What're you implying, here?
> > <grin>
>
> All implications about Alarishi are true until proven otherwise. :>

well, yeah, okay, but aside from that...

> I mean, you let your lawyers have guns

Almost nations let lawyers have guns--although the lawyers usually
hire someone else (police, internal revenue agents, etc) to operate
them.  We let *everybody* have guns.

... (cf. Murphy & Co, legal experts
> & pirates...<ahem>privateers...)

Not "privateering", they call it "discrete executive services"
instead.  Insofar as I can tell, that means they only go after
specific targets, not just whatever they happen to run across.

> Why else would the Alarish be so anti-UN, if it weren't for all
those
> International Court rulings & subpeonas? <vbg>

Aside from the fact that the UN ("Big Government, Getting Bigger") is
completely antithetical to everything Alarish stands for?  No reason,
really.
(We've already had one "Why the UN is an excusable/horrible idea" rant
lately, let's not go there again).

Prev: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: Re: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[