Prev: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters Next: RE: Bugs was Re: em4 figures

RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:49:12 +1100
Subject: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

G'day,

> The one exception would be if you've got some sort of oddball
> prison-planet/colonization effort going on. Personally, I can
> see better things to do with habitable planets than use them as
prisons.
> Stick the convicts in asteroid habs, and let regular people
> do your colonizing.

Funnily enough in Australia's early days it was the dirth of women that
held
things back. Despite popular myth very few Australians are descended
from
1st fleeters, because there were so few women. In the end they started
having to ship more women per load to bring production on line in
Australia
- as the sentences were for 8 years and once free they had to have
something
to do to keep them "honest" or the whole thing would topple ;)

Cheers

Prev: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters Next: RE: Bugs was Re: em4 figures