Prev: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[

Re: [FT] Multimode fighters

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 18:46:47 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters

"Robertson, Brendan" wrote:

> This can be simplified down more to comply with regular PDS rules.
>
> Ideas from last few posts:
> ***
> Variable Fighters (or De-construction Fighters):
> Mass: 1 each
> Cost: 7 each (3 base +0+0 Interceptor +0+1 Standard +1+2 Attack)
>
> During Fighter Movement, the player must declare what mode the fighter
is in
> for the rest of the turn *before it is moved*.  If it is not declared,
it is
> presumed to be in F-mode (Interceptor).
>
> F-mode: acts as Interceptor; 24 MU movement
> G-mode: acts as Standard Fighter; 18 MU movement
> B-mode: acts as Attack Fighter + special; 12 MU movement
> All modes use standard 12 MU secondary movement for one endurance.
>
> During PDS/fighter resolution PDS is allocated as normal and follows
normal
> rules.
>
> When in B-mode, the squadron can forego their normal attacks to act as
DCPs
> (De-Construction Parties).  After surviving PDS, each fighter is
allocated
> to a non-core system and rolls using DCP rules (1 fighter = 6, 2
fighters =
> 5+, 3 fighters = 4+).  If the DCP roll is successful, that system is
> disabled as if it had failed a threshold check (note this damage is
> repairable, unlike needlebeams).
> A system cannot be targetted more than once per turn regardless of the
> number of attacking B-mode fighters.

hmnm.. I like the simplicity of this system, but I'd make a few
modifications.

I wouldn't allow repairs. The attack already does no damage besides the
needle attack, leave it unrepairable.

I also liked the idea of the fighters landing on the hull, but I think
any rules for that would get to complicated so probably best to leave it
out.

Prev: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[ Next: RE: B Ark Colonist and Colonial Industry... [LONG[