Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: gas giants

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 11:29:35 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >God, but you sound like a 2LT.  "I read it in a
> book
> >so it must be TRUE!"  That's been the theme of a
> lot
> >of your posts over the past.
>
> And you sound like a crusty old E-5 who can't see
> past what he used
> and that all things new are going to be crap. You're

Most E-5s aren't terribly crusty.

And I know which one lives through firefights and
that's the one I'd rather be.

> And if you really were paying attention you'd know
> that the .50 and
> Mk19 were likely going to be replaced by the OCSW
> firing in 25mm, at
> fewer rounds to hit and less ammo to carry around to
> combat units.

Fewer rounds to hit. . . right.  The trend for the
past, 500 years of firearms development has been for
higher rate of fire.  If it's possible, the troops
will use it.

John

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: gas giants