Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 23:26:20 -0500
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com>
> One of my NCO's was in RVN and on arrival was issued a .38, a
booklet on
> how to use and clean same, 6 loose rounds and two speed loaders.  He
> promptly put it in the armory (since he had never fired one) and
traded
> 'some stuff' to a Marine for an "extra"  M-16.

I can just see a  FMAS game:

"Okay, Murphy, fire your SAW at enemy infantry in the treeline."
"Sarge, this is Murphy, uh, we don't have a SAW, exactly."
"You don't...what? Where is it?"
"We....lost it.  Yeah, we lost it....night before last."
Long pause.
"Murphy, this is Sarge.  Knowing you as I do, I wonder, did you, just
possibly, happen to find, say, anything interesting while you were
looking for your SAW?  Something that might have distracted you from
the twenty two hundred credits worth of government property that you
were responsible for, so to speak?"
"Well, funny you should ask that, Sarge, you know, now that you
mention it, we were billeted in with some panzergrens, and they've--"
"Murph, I ain't <deleted> got all day here."
"Well, Sarge, it didn't look like it belonged to anyone, see, and--"
"Murphy."
"Right, Sarge, well, it's a plasma gun."
"A plas--Murphy, do you even know how to *use* a <deleted> plasma
gun?"
"Oh yeah, Sarge!  Trooper of Fortune had an article in--"
"Then will you **shut*up*and*<deleted>*shoot!"**

Prev: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON Next: Re: [FT] Multimode fighters (was IJN Designs?)