Prev: The Shiva Option Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

From: DAWGFACE47@w...
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:50:03 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON

maybe. maybe not.

i have a clear ecollection of those poor SOBs in the  weapons platoon
sruggling to move mortars, base plates, and limited ammo about in the
RVN.

this was in addition to their own  rifles, pistols,  grenade  launchers,
grenades, ammo, water, etc.

combat necessities have a way of changing TOEs.

and when we operated in areas when neither artillery or airsupport was
useful, the mortars went with us.

in the	grunt  platoons, when we  expected to  encounter an VC/NVA base
, the old 3.5" rocket launcher or 90mm recoilless rifle with ammo joined
the  grunt platoon weapons and ammo load. . . .

and the  marines toted 60mm mortars  almost every step they took, i have
been told by ex-marines.

Prev: The Shiva Option Next: Re: HIGH TECH WONDER INDIVIDUAL WEAPON