Prev: Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav Next: RE: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

Re: FT-IJN Designs?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:00:24 +0100
Subject: Re: FT-IJN Designs?

BIF wrote:

> >A couple of points:
> >
> >>3 Cl.1 bats (same number as FC`s, to allow for dual use as PDS).
> >
> >A single FCS can guide any number of B1s in PD mode.
>
>I slipped up, OK?

No worries :-)

>And I thought it was a FC per incoming target, not per Cl.1 bat?

No, it's one FCS period. One FCS dedicated to point defence allows any
number of B1s to engage any number of incoming missiles or fighter
groups
(...no more than one missile or fighter group per B1, of course).

> >>Fighters-For something different, how about fighters JUST being
carried on
> >>carriers, none on DN/SD`s* (just a idea, that would be different
from
> >>everyone else, and allow creation and casting of light carriers).
> >
> >While this is currently unique for the published HUMAN forces, it is
> >identical to the Phalon fighter doctrine.
>
>Well, we are talking humans here.

Sure, but it is kinda repetitive to have two Fleet Books in a row both
of
which feature a fleet which puts all its fighters in dedicated carriers
<g>

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: DS2 More on Cascadia: CasCav Next: RE: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?