Prev: Re: Colonists and Weapons Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......

Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:31:01 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] New weapon system..sort of?

Jeremy Claridge wrote:

>Hello
>
>I've been toying around with a bizarre idea for FT.
>This may well have been done before (I haven't looked through the
>archive).
>Ok here goes. A launcher system that fires out vacuum suited troopers
>who have jet packs to propel themselves short distances to enemy
>ships. Once attached to the out side of the ship they can act in
>a similar way to needle beams.

Er... Jer? You don't have More Thrust, do you?

"Once you have got your ship into the correct position to be able to
launch
a Boarding assault, the Marines may cross between the ships - they are
assumed to do this either in small "assault pods" specially made for
such
actions, or in their own Powereed Armour suits if they are euipped with
them."

More Thrust p.7, "Boarding Actions".

PSB-wise this sounds very similar to what you're proposing, though the
boarding rules allow you to actually capture enemy ships.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: Colonists and Weapons Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard......