Prev: Re: FT-IJN Designs? Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:50:56 -0800
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

>From: KH.Ranitzsch Wrote:

I tend to lean towards the idea that colonists, especially very remote
ones,
are going to tend to be (RELATIVELY) well-armed, whether it's "legal" or
not
- it will be a matter of survival if they're to face whatever fauna etc.

their new world may throw at them (I suspect that the reason Boers were
more
well armed than Dutch in the Netherlands had less to do with the removal
of
Dutch influence and more to do with Leopards, Lions, Mambas, Cobras,
Cape
Buffalo, Zulus, etc. - in whichever particular order is fitting).  And
the
further out the colony, the further removed from home and authority, and
the
less pervasive the presence of police/army/any sort of Earth-based
presence,
the more true this will hold.  I may disagree with Scott on which weapon

will be carried, but I am willing to bet we both agree they will be
around.

2B^2

Prev: Re: FT-IJN Designs? Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS