Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

Re: FT-IJN Designs?

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:14:45 -0000
Subject: Re: FT-IJN Designs?

----- Original Message -----
From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 7:32 PM

> A couple of points:
>
> >3 Cl.1 bats (same number as FC`s, to allow for dual use as PDS).
>
> A single FCS can guide any number of B1s in PD mode.

I slipped up, OK? And I thought it was a FC per incoming target, not per
Cl.1 bat?

> >Fighters-For something different, how about fighters JUST being
carried
on
> >carriers, none on DN/SD`s* (just a idea, that would be different from
> >everyone else, and allow creation and casting of light carriers).
>
> While this is currently unique for the published HUMAN forces, it is
> identical to the Phalon
> fighter doctrine.

Well, we are talking humans here.

> >Heres a example of a BB design as I would see it-
> >
> >M=120 NPV=409
>
> No, NPV = 412. See below.
>
> >FTL (12/24)
> >Thrust=4 (24/48)
> >Hull=30 (30/60)
>
> Hm. While this does squeeze by as "Average", it is rather on the Weak
side
> - clashes somewhat with the "except maybe the heavies (strong?)" bit.

This is just average, and yes is a bit weak. But it fits for my purposes
(I
removed some hull and mounted armour instead).

> >Screens x1 (6/18)
> >FC`s x3 (3/9)
>
> FCSs cost 4 pts each, so should be (3/12)

D`oh. I knew I missed something (slaping head in shame).

> >Cl.1 x3 (3/9)
> >Cl.3 (5A) x4 (32/96)
> >Armour x5 (5/10)
> >PDS x5 (5/15)
>
> Apart from that it's legal :-/

Nice to know I missed only 1 thing (I`m usually better with the FC bit).

> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> -Hen3ry

Thanks for the maths check <VBG>. Feel free to do it with anything else
(I
ALWAYS forget something, usually unimportant things like my girlfreinds
birthday (OUCH!)).

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS