Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: FT-IJN Designs?

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:02:01 +0100
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan Gill" <rmgill@mindspring.com>
> >2) Why do you reckon a Dutch colony would be armed to the teeth ?
>
> The last big Dutch colony was. The Boers nearly kicked the British
> off of South Africa. Made the Britsh army change all sorts of
> tactics, weapons skills and even uniforms.

Oh, I see.

I was thinking more of present-day Dutch from the Netherlands who are
generally a quite peace-loving folk. Or at most, their colonies in
Indonesia
and the West Indies.

IIRC, the Dutch gave up South Africa quite a long time before the Boer
wars
(in the Napoleonic era, IIRC).

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS Next: Re: FT-IJN Designs?