Prev: RE: [OT] The mysterious missing e-mail Next: RE: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:16:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: COLONIAL WEAPONS

--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

>  again i agree with you that the weaponry of the
> goverment controlled
> organized  militias would  most likely be military
> surplus, but i think
> richer colonial governments could  afford first rate
> weaponry.

Assuming they were up for sale/permitted to do so.

IMU, NRE's first and second line troops use gauss
weapons.  These are no available to their militia
forces and there would be serious penalties (exile to
some lousy asteroid) for some colonial administrator
trying to procure them from foreign armories instead
of going through proper channels.

> ad hoc militia or rebel vehicles and	aircraft would
> be rag tag civilian models pressed into service.

Which sometimes can be relatively effective, at least
for light vehicles.  I mean, is there really a lot to
choose between a civillian Land Rover and a military
Land Rover?

> very useful, those  world profiles!

To the point that I'm working on developing them for
NRE planets as well.

John

Prev: RE: [OT] The mysterious missing e-mail Next: RE: [SG] Islamic Bombers