Prev: RE: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: 2300 AD - GZG

Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:49:51 -0800
Subject: Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures themselves

>From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@kuju.com>
>To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
>Subject: Re: SLAM equipped Miniatures - size concerns of the miniatures

>themselves
>Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:21:04 +0000
>
>Glenn M Wilson wrote:
> >
> > I am looking at the Brigade Miniatures that I use for SLAM equipped
LLP
> > forces in my game setting.	They are /great/ but is it just me or
are
> > they smaller then other SF vehicles?
>
>I suspect they probably are slightly smaller than most other SF
>manufacturers. When I made the first models I sat them next to some
>1/300th moderns to make sure they looked 'about right'. Even then,
>they're still slightly larger than their modern equivalents. However,
>next to some GW Epic models I have (I only bought them for the
infantry,
>honest !!) they look rather titchy. Nevertheless, I am trying very hard
>to resist the temptation to increase the size of our models.

My favorite SF figs are a set of tanks I bought from C in C, they are
almost
exactly in scale with GHQ - style 6mm.	The bigger stuff (Even GZG's,
but
Battletech is the worst offender) is just too big for me to use all my
modern micro armor with it.

2B^2

Prev: RE: Re: [OFFICIAL] Progress report from the shipyard...... Next: 2300 AD - GZG