Prev: Re: [FT] Wacky question Next: [OT] Free webspace?

Re: [FT] Wacky question

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:45:46 EST
Subject: Re: [FT] Wacky question

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:45:09 -0800 (PST) John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> writes:

>--- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:
>> Okay, a strange little question (from a strange
>> little man) - Talking
>> about System defense Ships:
>>
>> "Why not have a Non-FTL Carrier for system defense?"
>
>You could, but they get expensive.  If I'm spending
>that kind of money, I prefer System Defense Monitors.
>34 armor boxes.  Not fun.  Will take forever to die.
>
>> 1) Fighters have fuel constraints
>> 2) Bases (Planet) are long transit times to and from
>> combat
>
>Not always true!  Combat in a system is based around
>securing planets.  So you have to come to ME.	Which
>means my Planetary Defense Wings will have plenty of
>range.  Gotta remember, sea/space/air combat is not an
>end to itself.
>
>John

Validity of points noted *but* How much fuel is used in getting from
base
to combat and returning to base after combat?  I don'r know but for
simplicity sake I would guess not enough to keep track of.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [FT] Wacky question Next: [OT] Free webspace?