Prev: Re: [FT] Wacky question Next: Re: [FT] Wacky question

Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:03:39 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

--- Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

> It is next to impossible for the palestinians to
> produce ANY
> infantrymen.

They tried up until 1967.  They were just not good
enough to even slow down the Israelis.

If americans had the same standard of
> living as the
> palestinians, there would be no shortage of american
> suicide bombers.

Really?  I didn't notice any during the Great
Depression--or during our Civil War, when living
standards in both Vicksburg and Richmond dropped far
below those available in Palestinian refugee camps.
Hell, even the Irish never went for it and they have
been (at various times) at least as opressed as the
Palestinians are.  It's not how Europeans think.

John

Prev: Re: [FT] Wacky question Next: Re: [FT] Wacky question