Prev: Re: [DSII] Cheese it, Fellas! It's the cops! Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Re: [FT] Wacky question

From: Jon Davis <davisje@n...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 18:02:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Wacky question

John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@juno.com> wrote:
> > Okay, a strange little question (from a strange
> > little man) - Talking
> > about System defense Ships:
> >
> > "Why not have a Non-FTL Carrier for system defense?"
>
> You could, but they get expensive.  If I'm spending
> that kind of money, I prefer System Defense Monitors.
> 34 armor boxes.  Not fun.  Will take forever to die.

It's a personal preference issue and also depends on
the depth of their wallets.  They could have a number
of monitors with a fighter carrier in support.

Fuel expenditures for the fighters are less if they
don't have to climb out of a deep gravity well.  You'd
base them on planetary orbital stations and on moons
or asteroids.

Prev: Re: [DSII] Cheese it, Fellas! It's the cops! Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers