Prev: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers

Re: Questions on Kra'Vax, Pant, and other things

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:55:01 -0500
Subject: Re: Questions on Kra'Vax, Pant, and other things

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>

> Phillipine Scouts, or any US cavalry from any time
> period.  Actually fighting from mounts in a set piece
> battle went out with the issuing of useful rifles to
> all units.

I understand Northern Alliance troops had a successful mounted charge
vs Taliban tanks a couple of months ago.  I didn't see a whole lot of
details on that, but I suspect that the lines of sight were pretty
short and the tanks were probably lacking infantry escort.  Of course,
anybody can kill a tank that doesn't have infantry support.

Prev: Re: OT Genres & Backgrounds was GW Next: Re: [SG] Islamic Bombers