Prev: [OT] Blackhawk Down Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?

[OT] Book Recommendation

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:53:58 -0500
Subject: [OT] Book Recommendation

For some vaguely chilling thoughts on a 3-
cornered war between Pakistan, India and China
in 2007.... and a US that isn't sure it wants to
intervene, then can't really (without taking on
whats left of Russia), you might want to give a
read to:

Dragon Fire
by Humphrey Hawksley
Macmillan is the publisher
Copyright 2000
ISBN (trade paperback) 0 333 90324 2

I got it at the bargain bin at Chapters, so it
might be available similarly at your local
bookstore or clearance store. Written by a
fellow who worked for the BBC in China and
Asia. Kind of gives you a bit of a perspective on
some of the tensions in the world over there.
(Bit passed by events, since Sept 11 happened
after the book was written, but most of it still
could apply).

Well worth the 3.99 Cdn I payed for it.
(Translation 2.50 USD on a good day...)

It might give you some ideas for Stargrunt
scenarios or small mini campaigns in the outer
colonies with the style of warfare that is fought
in parts of it (in Tibet and Kashmir and when
the Brits muck into it with the SBS).

Tomb
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site
"In God We Trust... on Cold Steel We Depend."

Prev: [OT] Blackhawk Down Next: Re: [semi-OT] black hawk down?