Prev: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: off topic and wierd but......

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:37:55 -0500
Subject: Re: off topic and wierd but......

At 11:45 PM -0800 1/17/02, jason & ambre wrote:
>I figure with the wide range of ages and knowledge of science fiction,
etc
>that I might get lucky so here goes.
>
>10 or more years ago, I came across a book in the local library, a work
of
>fiction.  In this book, there are full color space ship/battles
>illustrations.  The book tells the tale of a fictional future war
between
>earth, Alpha centauri (both 'good' guys) and proxima centauri (bad
guys).
>The library edition was a hardcover, approximate 8 1/2 by 11, roughly
50
>pages.

There is another one called Great Space battles that is similar in
scope. This covers several battles, one between human space and a
system called Laguna (2 inhabited planets), a Rebellion and a few
other interesting stories. The illustrations weren't done for the
book as I recall, but were appropriate for the stories. (mostly..)

>The idea was that on any one page would be a VERY cool illustration of
>ship/ships...and on the opposite page were the "statistics" for the
>fictional vessel and its psuedo history about how it was used in the
'war'.

I to like the paint designs on the ships.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: Re[2]: Metal Storm (Long-ish) Next: RE: DS2: Design questions of my own.