Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:15:05 EST
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:45:26 -0500 "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
writes:

>> Have you considered using a VTOL instead? Might sound silly, but
>IIRC,
>> Russians used Hind helicopters to good effect in Afghanistan, which
>is very
>> hilly.
>
>Stingers

Again, IIRC, accentuated by high altitude lift problems on Hinds.  Heck
even the Older large bore rifles could bag a Hind (supposedly) if it
lifted over a really high ridge with a determined 9or insane)
"Heli-sniper" in position...

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.