Prev: RE: Re: Asteroid etc.belts Next: RE: Re: Asteroid etc.belts

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:34:07 +0100
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Ryan Gill wrote:

>>By removing all the side armour you can shave the Bradley down to 297
cm
>>(the MRLS and M4 are both this wide), which would fit - but again
>>comparison with the M4 suggests that the stripped-down Bradley is
still
>>much too heavy for a C-130J.
>
>Hmm. Good points. Exactly what is air portable in a C-130 and is still
>armoured?
>
>I know my Ferret is. Is the CVR(T) series of vehicles? What in US use
is?

The maximum payload of the C-130J is 18,955 kg - so basically everything

lighter than that is OK. (Well, lighter than that and narrow enough and
low
enough, but most things that are lighter than 19 tons are narrow enough.

Low enough depends on what turrets you put on them.)

The CVR(T) series is IIRC only around 8 tons each so they're OK too;
pretty
much everything derived from M113s (unless you put a very tall turret on

top of it), the SUSV/Bv206... and also the LAV-III IAV, at least as long
as
it doesn't have the appliqué armour. IIRC it is slightly too heavy with
the
appliqué armour fitted.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Re: Asteroid etc.belts Next: RE: Re: Asteroid etc.belts