Prev: [OT] Some list def'n Next: Pirates, USCG and concealed turrets and Reds under the Beds

DS: SG: concealed vehicle turrets

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:56:51 +1300
Subject: DS: SG: concealed vehicle turrets

> Tomb wrote:
> > http://www.ibistek.com/cobra.html
> >
> > Okay, this has nothing to do with anything except perhaps some
oddball
diplomatic or UN type missions or maybe some odd Men-In-Black stuff...
but
it is very neat.

Jaime wrote:
> How would you do this in capacity points?

I'd suggest about 5 capacity points for a Size 1 weapon and about 4
capacity
points for a APSW, like a MMG or HMG or grenade launcher. I believe that
the
vehicle is size one in DS2.

> And does it take a full action to deploy?

According to the site:
> This system provides a highly responsive, stable and accurate weapon
platform and deploys in less than 10 seconds.

So I'd say not. I'd suggest that for Dirtside, the turret in it's
concealed
position can't interrupt another unit's movement. If unconcealed, it
would
act as a normal weapon. Also, while the turret is concealed, the vehicle
is
treated as if it were a civilian vehicle, and so be very low on the
priority
list of vehicles to shoot at.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: [OT] Some list def'n Next: Pirates, USCG and concealed turrets and Reds under the Beds