Prev: Re: THOSE PESKY PIRANHA BUGS Next: DS: SG: concealed vehicle turrets

[OT] Some list def'n

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:52:13 -0500
Subject: [OT] Some list def'n

FMA - Full Metal Atkinson - defined so 1) because the initials fit and
2) because setting John off can be a lot like getting shot. Named after
John "Diplomat? Who Me?" Atkinson ;)

TESKE FIELD - A place where the dice roll really well. Someone under
this effect can roll any number of dice and a great and statistically
insane number of them will come up with very good results (ie '6's in
FT) Named after Aaron Teske. (I saw an episode of this recently at the
hands of Richard Bell... many zombies flying to bits as his car zipped
around a nondescript town full of undead in what can only be called a
slaughter - if you can call killing dead things a slaughter).

KOCHTE PROBABILITY SKEW DEMON (KOCHTE DICE) - A karmic infestation which
causes all your dice to suck. Beth Fulton has offended the Dice Gods
sufficiently to be serving a 66 year sentence under this possession.
Named after Mark 'Indy' Kochte, rock-climber and '1' roller.

NBS - Narn Bat Squad - A bunch of burly ETs from the B5 universe who
specialize in blunt trauma. Often called upon to deal with listers who
spout bad puns (Laserlight, you qualify for the frequent beating
discount), silly ideas, and outright inanity. I believe these refer to
the episode of B5 where they sang "And the Rock cried out, no hiding
place!". Who originated this? Sounds like something only the archives
might know, but it might predate extant archives.

St^3 Tuffley of Needham - John T. (The guy who wrote all these neat
games). I think his thrice canonized nature was first identified by
Jerry "Where's my passport?" Han.

I think that covers the key terms that are list-specific that I recall,
though others undoubtedly could qualify.

Prev: Re: THOSE PESKY PIRANHA BUGS Next: DS: SG: concealed vehicle turrets