Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: GunRunning Down Under

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:12:37 -0800
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

John Atkinson wrote:

> > My reasons for a class 5 have to do with the weapons
> > desired.  I prefer to
> > equip MBTS wit SPDS, at least 1 extra APSW, and
> > APFC.  The smallest vehicle
> > that can carry all those and an MDC-5 is a class 5
> > Vehicle.
>
>Yeah, but that's only 21 capacity points.  Is it worth
>the additional drop in survivability (d4 vice d6
>signature) and the extra cost?

That's still the conundrum.  Given my house rules (RFAC's treated as
APFC's
in assault), the extra space for an additional RFAC makes it an
effective
anti-personnel weapon, and the additional armor is nice (I know, 1 point
of
armor seems like a small improvement, but I'm sure someone can give us
the %
increase in survivability)...

> > All true, and if the reason for a class 6 was armor,
> > you'd have a valid
> > point.  But again, it goes back to the choice of an
> > MDC5.  Barring any use
> > of stealth (which may or may not be overpriced,
> > Oerjan will be adding to
> > this conversation I'm sure), a class 5 FGP platform
> > is more expensive than a
> > class 6 HMT.
>
>But even less survivable.  It's a trade-off.

Which is why the Cascadians lean towards the class 5 design.

Brian B2

Prev: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own. Next: Re: GunRunning Down Under