Prev: Re: South African Defense Forces Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:55:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.

--- Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

> My reasons for a class 5 have to do with the weapons
> desired.  I prefer to
> equip MBTS wit SPDS, at least 1 extra APSW, and
> APFC.  The smallest vehicle
> that can carry all those and an MDC-5 is a class 5
> Vehicle.

Yeah, but that's only 21 capacity points.  Is it worth
the additional drop in survivability (d4 vice d6
signature) and the extra cost?

> All true, and if the reason for a class 6 was armor,
> you'd have a valid
> point.  But again, it goes back to the choice of an
> MDC5.  Barring any use
> of stealth (which may or may not be overpriced,
> Oerjan will be adding to
> this conversation I'm sure), a class 5 FGP platform
> is more expensive than a
> class 6 HMT.

But even less survivable.  It's a trade-off.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: South African Defense Forces Next: Re: DS2: Design questions of my own.