Prev: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 22:03:52 +0100
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Ryan Gill wrote:

>>>Saw 'em.  Not bad, if a little. . . tall.
>>
>>That's a common trait among wheeled vehicles, I'm afraid :-/
>
>Well if you want ground clearance.

If you want cross-country ability, you *need* ground clearance whether
you
*want* it or not :-/

>>OK. For the record, the Bv206 is not a SISU - it doesn't even come
from
>>the same country <g> The Armor Magazine article I referred to was
about
>>the SISU; it specifically commented on the wheeled-vs-tracked mobility
issues.

>Which really helps the tracked argument I think.

Ryan, please explain how an article describing how wheeled SISUs could
get
where tracked M113s couldn't "helps the tracked argument"?

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels