Prev: Re: D-Day was Shermans Next: Re: More detail added to ships...

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:21:50 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

--- Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:

> >The MLRS is based on M2 chassis, IIRC.  There ain't
> >any commonality between M-113 and M-2 family that
> I'm
> >aware of.
>
> I was under the impression that the M113/M2/3 are
> all a family of
> vehicles with regards to many components like
> roadwheels and other
> things. I could be wrong though. Perhaps I'm just
> extrapolating more
> from the fact that all are made by United Defense.

Completely unrelated families.

I know for a fact that neither track shoes, road
wheels, final drives, transmissions, generators,
starters, engines, or any other major components are
the same.  Same motorpool as 1/36 Infantry in Kosovo.
We tried to bum stuff of them but they kept very
little M-113 PLL stock because they only had a few of
them.

John

Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Prev: Re: D-Day was Shermans Next: Re: More detail added to ships...