Prev: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

Re: Mercs in Space

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 01:46:48 -0500
Subject: Re: Mercs in Space

At 5:49 PM -0800 1/9/02, Eli Arndt wrote:
>Gack,
>
>Where did all those unit names come from?  I guess I was more
>questioning how a Merc unit could get from point A to B without out
>either being -
>
>A: Interdicted by local governments
>B: Overtly obvious (in the case o in-house vessels)
>C: Or overly compromised by relying on somebody else to move you.
>D: Or, finally, finding themselves unable to find reliable transport
>for all their assets to one locale.
>
>Any of these could be major stumbling blocks.	Don't get me wrong, I
>love space mercs and that is in fact the role my PAs will play.
>They form a small but effective force of hi-tech armored soldiers.

I'd expect that they'ed arrange transport on vessels that are
nominally civilian in nature with some sort of warship escort. Given
that the OU has national forces that also operate on Mercenary
arrangements, would they not protect their own in general on the
getting there phase?

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels Next: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels