Prev: RE: Back on subject - Mercs Next: Re: Mercs in Space

Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 01:37:57 -0500
Subject: Re: [FYI] World's Longest page on tracks vs wheels

At 4:43 PM -0800 1/9/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>How's the French 105mm armed armored car (AMX-10RC,
>IIRC) stack up in the armor protection department?

I'm not sure. I'd say compare weights for a rough guestimate. It
gives you and idea of the density of the vehicle. Granted there are
some considerations with regards to weapon mounting and such, but not
too much.

> >1. Common with the M2/M3 family as well as the MLRS
> >and other United defense systems based on the M113.
>
>The MLRS is based on M2 chassis, IIRC.  There ain't
>any commonality between M-113 and M-2 family that I'm
>aware of.

I was under the impression that the M113/M2/3 are all a family of
vehicles with regards to many components like roadwheels and other
things. I could be wrong though. Perhaps I'm just extrapolating more
from the fact that all are made by United Defense.

--
Ryan Gill	  |	   |	     rmgill@mindspring.com
		  |	   |

Prev: RE: Back on subject - Mercs Next: Re: Mercs in Space