Prev: Re: [FMAB] FMA Brigade Next: Re: Merc Guild - Not Really

Re: UV detection mutants

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 17:35:44 +1100
Subject: Re: UV detection mutants

From: "Roger Burton West" <roger@firedrake.org>

> >Didn't always work.	The Brits found that some people can see
ultraviolet, so looked into using UV beacons on their airfields to guide
the
planes home--some pilots would be able to see them and guide the rest of
the
formation, but it wouldn't be "visible" light so the Luftwaffe wouldn't
be
able to find them as easily.  Eventually they realized that the pilots
who
could see UV also tended to be blond, blue-eyed, of Germanic descent....

Interesting. I'm dark, brown-eyed and a Pom myself, but can see the
patterns
in daisies and other flowers many people can't. Of course I can't see
the
glow that the rest of you can see when metal gets hot, unless it's VERY
hot.

Prev: Re: [FMAB] FMA Brigade Next: Re: Merc Guild - Not Really