Prev: Re: Vietnam firefight radio transcript Next: Re: Vietnam firefight radio transcript

Re: girl soldiers

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 13:42:17 -0600
Subject: Re: girl soldiers

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 17:31:12 +0000 (GMT), JEREMY CLARIDGE
<jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:

>But doesn't that make camo schemes pointless in a sci-fi setting.
>How hard would it be to simply have a range of colour settings
>on a helmet visor?

Well, first off, as any actual soldier will tell you nothing works 100%
of the
time. For those times that the visor doesn't work, or you are up against
an
enemy that doesn't have it, cammo is useful.

Second, it assumes that cammo patterns don't progress either. If your
cammo
scheme can give off the exact same wavelengths of light as the
surrounding
foliage, then I'd suspect that the cammo would work again.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@att.net

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,
   "Jack B. Quick, Boy Inventor"

Prev: Re: Vietnam firefight radio transcript Next: Re: Vietnam firefight radio transcript