Prev: Re: [SGII], [DSII] More Terrain Next: RE: Merc Guild

Re: Australian fires : Elvis Lives

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@a...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 00:26:30 +1100
Subject: Re: Australian fires : Elvis Lives

From: "Donald Hosford" <Hosford.Donald@acd.net>

> Maybe we Yanks should load our B-52 fleet up with snow, and pay Sidney
visit?
> :-)

Sidney? Who's He/She? Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, that's a city
that's
ringed with bushfires.

But here in Canberra where just a few hours ago we smelt a worrying
aroma of
Bushfire, and I started scanning the horizon to see if it was coming our
way,
it's just started a BEAUTIFUL thunderstorm with lots of soaking rain,
and
moderate winds.

Hopefully they'll get it to the North-East about 300 km too.

BTW the "hero" of Black Christmas (worse conditions than the great fires
of
94)
is Elvis.

Picture:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1740000/images/_1741842_elvis300ap.jpg
Story: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/s452497.htm and
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/020104/140/cn9wt.html

> I do hope your "no deaths" record continues to stand...

Me too. So far we've had 1 Firefighter lightly toasted (2nd degree burns
arms),
 another recovering from a Funnelweb spider bite (thankfully they
developed
an anti-venom a few years ago), and two more with carbon Monoxide
poisoning
from
a faulty waterpump.Many, many with milder burns, smoke inhalation. But
nothing
too serious.

Prev: Re: [SGII], [DSII] More Terrain Next: RE: Merc Guild