Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: RE: SG2 Scale Survey

Re: FW: MPs

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:17:50 -0500
Subject: Re: FW: MPs

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:22:22 -0600
"David Rodemaker" <dar@horusinc.com> wrote:

+++SNIP+++

> > Training was exactly that: Practicing missions, some class-room,
most
> > in the woods firing blanks and getting dirty.
>
> My platoon used to hate me when I took the trucks away and decided we
were
> going to train without them for awhile...

wiMPs... *grin*  That never bothered me, unless my underwear got wet...
For some reason that will just ruin my day.

> > Support:  You supported another platoon that was in it's training
> > cycle.
>
> Which means you get absolutely nothing done, because you'll probably
lose
> half your troops to LEA work, and the other half will be painting
stuff for
> the 1SG.  If you're lucky, you might get your vehicles PMCS'd
properly.

*Points to nose*  Ding!

> > Law Enforcement:  You tried to polish your field-destroyed boots
into
> > a spit-shine to look pretty on the road.
>
> <chuckle>  Nah - you spend the extra cash and buy another pair of
boots.
> <grin>  Trying to do that *once* will cure you of it - or should have!
> <grin>

Shush...  Civvies are supposed to thing troops are too poor to have a
nice pair of boots... Otherwise they'll never let congress give 'em
raises...  I can honestly say that in my six years I never had a set of
boots JUST for road duty.  I did have one pair that never saw the woods,
but I wore them for other garrison duties as well as road duty.

> > To anyone in the 511th MP Company in Ft. Drum NY:  Fraggin' Hoo-ah!
>
> I believe the 511th was the Ft. Drum unit deployed to Panama when I
was
> there.  If so, I can certainly agree - good unit.

Yup, that's them.  the 511th is the only unit out of Ft. Drum that's a
FORSCOM unit, thus it's the only MP unit that rotates down to Panama.

> > But to my 2nd unit, the 212th MP Co in Germany:  Bite me!  It's your
> > fault I wasn't a lifer!
>
> Hey - at least you changed units.  I watched mine go to hell with a
change
> of CO.  <grump>

That sucks, if you're full of pride in the unit, it's almost like
watching a friend die when that happens.  Really, really disturbing.

--Flak

Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: RE: SG2 Scale Survey