Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: RE: Mercs

Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the....

From: Jim Callahan <jim.callahan2@g...>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 19:58:46 -0600
Subject: Re: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the....

Matte sealant is a good idea, I'll try that.

yup, me too one of our first ultra-modern minis battles was fought on a
'Moon' where we took a sheet of extruded polystyrene (blue or pink
styrofoam board for those not in the know)  and spray painted it grey.
 the spray paint ate into the blueboard enough so that there were what
looked like crater marks and rough terrain It was really nifty, then the

dog ate the board (and some minis) and the moon went away.

What sort of ratio do you use with spackle?  I have taken to spackling
the hills before I paint & flock them. It adds a comfortable amount of
weight to the hill and that way it can be made out of white styrofoam
(beadboard) instead of extruded polystyrene (it's a bit cheaper).   once

you get the wallboard mud on the styrofoam, you can put all sorts of
cool textures into it before it dries, scratch wheel ruts into roads
formed by dragging a 1" ruler along the surface etc. The textures that
you can acheive are really great too.  Anything from the rocky terrain
of Mordor to the smooth surfaces of a frozen comet.  I have been known
to cast rocks from plaster and embed them in a hillside.

--
jim@tablegamer.com
http://www.tablegamer.com

Prev: Re: Merc Guild Next: RE: Mercs