Prev: SG2 Scale Survey Next: Re: Merc Guild

Re[3]: Merc Guild

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:25:40 -0500
Subject: Re[3]: Merc Guild

Merc Units will also have to deal with grudges.  I'm sorry, but if
someone ever shoots at me, they'll have a hard time earning my trust
in a future conflict.

--
Best regards,
 Flak

Friday, January 04, 2002, 3:14:34 PM, laserlight wrote:

lqn> Brian B2 said:
>>None of which actually refutes my point, which is that Customers of
mercs
lqn> are going to TEND to be states who can afford their price, and need
their
lqn> services.	Whether it's for deniability, expertise, or because they
need a
lqn> force NOW, the economics are going to favor the Mercs, who will,
especially
lqn> if they're an elite unit, be able to command the price they want,
including
lqn> some sort of insurance against loss of equipment.

lqn> No, they won't be able to command their price unless they're a
unique unit.  The hiring government or megacorp will issue a request for
proposal and select the most qualified bidder--not
lqn> necessarily low bid but that will certainly be a factor
Competition between units will keep the prices down to what the market
will bear.

lqn> You may also see units signing retainer contracts--"we'll work on
other contracts when you don't need us; but when you do need us, we're
available at these specific rates and a 2 week delivery
lqn> time", or something similar.

lqn>

Prev: SG2 Scale Survey Next: Re: Merc Guild