Prev: Graustark/Ruritania Pics Next: RE: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the....

Re: Guerilla wars (or continuance of armed conflict in other ways)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 16:54:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Guerilla wars (or continuance of armed conflict in other ways)

> Not to mention the fact that there are about 17 billion potential
> guerillas... how big an occupation force did the KV have? After all
the
> blerb in FB2 suggests they couldn't neutralise too much of the
planet
> without messing it up for themselves too.

Normally you figure a minimum occupying force at 1:100 (or better,
1:80) of the population.  That's a lot of KV.  Of course, this ratio
is based on humans occupying other humans.  If your model is more
along the lines of "for each act of sabotage/guerrilla attack/etc,
we'll turn our juveniles loose to feed in one village...and we don't
care whether that village did anything or not..." then your ratio may
be different.

Prev: Graustark/Ruritania Pics Next: RE: [SGII], [DSII] Can't see the forest for the....