Prev: The First Intersentient War Next: Re: The First Intersentient War

Re: Experience and Training

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 22:03:24 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Experience and Training

--- Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Japanese are civilized people?  Right?  I think so,
> I mean, in spite of not cooking some of their fish.
> (That was a joke, I actually like some sushi.)

Nonsense.  Civilization implies a certain amount of
value on human life--at a minimum, those who adhere to
the same values.  Japanese culture puts absolutely NO
value on human life other than Japanese aristocracy,
and minimal value on that.  For illustrations, see:
Koreans, Ainu, Allied POWs, Chinese civillians (esp
those living in Nanking).

> It was not uncommon for medical support elements to
> be targetted directly.  I can't imagine why it would
> be any different today or in the future once one
> side starts to lose and has the capability to
> selectively target those resources.

Even at the end, Whermacht units didn't resort to
atrocities.  Those were the province of SS,
Hitlerjugend, and Werewolf.

John

Prev: The First Intersentient War Next: Re: The First Intersentient War