Prev: RE: An attempt to return to topic was Re: In A Perfect Game: SG/ DS/RPG's - Experience Vs. Training Next: Re: [Not so OT]Military discipline problems

SG-Ortillary

From: "Bif Smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:02:44 -0000
Subject: SG-Ortillary

Mark Reindl wrote-

After all, an orbital bombardment
doesn't respect national borders, now does it? :)

Mark

Which raises a question in my mind. Namely, does anybody else think the
dammage/firepower represented by ortillary to be UNDERpowered? I think
that
the effects and destructive power in ortillary firesupport is too low
for
the energy levels involved. If a anti ship gun can hit a target ship
several
thousand (or is it million?) KM distant, and inpart enough energy to
burn
through/destroy 100 tonnes of armour in a single turn (however long a
turn
is, but the energy wouldn`t be inparted over the entire turn, the target
would maneuver to avoid the shot, so the energy would come form a single
part of said turn), ortillary should be able to hit anything above
ground
with enough energy to destroy whatever it hit.

Which also raises a use for walkers, lower signiture from above.