Prev: Re: [FT] Shields or not Next: Re: Catholics in space - been done!

[OT] Aussie Fires, Fiery Atkinson, etc....

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 03:29:45 -0500
Subject: [OT] Aussie Fires, Fiery Atkinson, etc....

1) Someone compared combat to firefighting.
Both have paratroops and bombers too -
many a Smoke Jumper knows all about Final
Protective Fire (or in their case, Fire Retardant).
And both combat and firefighting take a lot of
guts to go at time after time. Firefighters and
cops and EMS types all too often don't get
enough credit for the amazing job they do!

As someone who lived in Northern Ontario
during some key fire seasons (missed school
trips, nearly had to evacuate, etc), I can
empathize with what is happening in Oz right
now. Lots of rain and low winds is what I'll be
praying for....

2) John A, I look forward to posting some of
what we discussed (re:engineers) and some
other stuff we talked about too, in due time
(have to assimilate the engineering FMs that
you pointed me at and laserlight burnt).

It takes a while to produce content (even if the
only excercise is format translation and making
it look nice from prior information), and I have
a whole pile halfway produced.... (the story of
my life). I just got a Digital Camera, so now
some building and photos are a must - then
you'll REALLY have something to see (no, I'll
resist the urge to put up pictures of my own
magnificent visage...).

As it is, I've added some book reviews and a
scenario over the last couple of days. I'm
working on a second scenario in the
background now.....

3) Owen, thanks for your Orbats. And thanks to
Rick Rutherford for some of his work. As we get
these edited to fit our format, we'll post them
with due attributions.

4) When John was talking about Mithrasan
Bloodpits, I kept thinking of Magic:The
Bilking(TM) - that sounds like the name of a
magic card (or should be one!).

5) Alan, nice piece (well, nice isn't the right
word....) about the Russians in Chechnya. That
was just a lovely little war....

:) Tomb
Thomas Barclay
Instructor, CST 6304 (TCP/IP programming for the Internet)
kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca
http://fox.nstn.ca/~kaladorn/CST6304
http://stargrunt.ca/tb/CST6304

Prev: Re: [FT] Shields or not Next: Re: Catholics in space - been done!