Prev: Re: [SGII] The Sharp End Next: [OT] Aussie Fires, Fiery Atkinson, etc....

Re: [FT] Shields or not

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:11:44 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Shields or not

"Robertson, Brendan" wrote:

> It's most effective when you hit 15 hull.
> Reasons?  Before this point, 3 armour is more effective; after this
point
> the 0.2 per die reduction in beam damage makes screens more
attractive, but
> the break point shifts as the ship size goes up.  Screen-2 effectively
has
> 0.3 per die reduction.

I'm not sure how you're calculation hull break points? Total hull? Hull
for the first 2 lines? Since you can choose any hull amount over 10% of
mass there's a bit more blancing between mass and hull. I'm not sure
about the others but I run with about 20% hull + armour and shields.

Prev: Re: [SGII] The Sharp End Next: [OT] Aussie Fires, Fiery Atkinson, etc....