Prev: Re: Catholics in Space! Next: Re: [OT] Catholics (not in Space)

DLD review

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 13:06:39 -0500
Subject: DLD review

Well, my family seems to have picked up on the idea of "give gaming
stuff, not socks", with the result that I got a rack for paints,
another rack for paint brushes, an IF fleet carrier, an architect's
lamp (presumably on the theory that, if I could see what I was
painting, I'd paint better--my wife is an optimist), and ...
completely unexpected and exceedingly cool ... a pair of 15mm Civet
light grav tanks from DLD.

So, for those of you who haven't got around to getting some for
yourself, here's a quick review.

  First and most important--they look right for grav vehicles.	The
hull is nicely sloped (from 0.5" at the rear to about 0.25" at the
front) and gives a feel of "sleek and dangerous" instead of "boxy and
clumsy".   In fact, in scale it works out to about 5 feet high at the
rear--possibly a bit short, but it looks about right.  The hull
measures 1.375" W x 2.75" L (13ft x 27.5ft in scale, by my
calculation)--this does not include some ammo/gear boxs on the sides.
Good detail, but also a little flat space in case you want to fit a
decal or two.  Mold lines along the side of the hull will probably
take me about 2 minutes to clean up.  The rear of the turret looks a
bit unfinished...no, there's another piece to glue on there.
  I haven't assembled it yet but the kit comes with instructions
including photos of the parts and the assembly sequence (would have
been nice to have that for some of my FT ships).  Commander's hatch
comes with option for open or closed.  Posts and matching holes are
the right size fit each other.	Also has painting suggestions.	All in
all, very nice.

http://zippnet.net/~dldproductions/

  With these around, I may give up my 6mm "heresy" and scale up to

Prev: Re: Catholics in Space! Next: Re: [OT] Catholics (not in Space)