Prev: RE: "Grand Debut" - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List Community! Next: RE: "Grand Debut" - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List Community!

RE: RE: Grand Debut - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List Community!

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:48:19 -0500
Subject: RE: RE: Grand Debut - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List Community!

From: Brian Bilderback bbilderback@hotmail.com
>This whole issue brings up my next question: What's a good TO&E for a
"starter" unit?  I've bought some figs, just because they were on
clearance
and I didn't want to miss them.  Between the packs I bought, i've ended
up
with 2 SAW/LMG/MMG type figs, 2 NonComs, 2 GMS launchers, 2
Sniper/marksman
types, and 18 riflemen (I could bash a couple line riflemen to
rifle/grenadiers).  What else should I pick up for a good staring
platoon?
Should I rig one of the riflemen to be an "RTO?"

26 guys would make 3-4 normal sized squads.  You might have:
A: GMS + 4 RFL
B: GMS + 4 RFL
C: SAW + 4 RFL
D: SAW + 4 RFL
HQ: 2 NCO (convert 1 to RTO if you're up to it) + 2 RFL + 2 Snipers
(detached)

Squads are usually 6-8 guys including one support weapon.  A 5 man squad
is a bit small but okay.  My rule of thumb is, poorer troops have larger
squads, so PAU militia is going to be about 12 guys while Templar
assault brethren or SAS can get away with 3-4 man teams.