Prev: RE: "Grand Debut" - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List Community! Next: RE: RE: Grand Debut - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List Community!

RE: "Grand Debut" - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List Community!

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:22:57 -0800
Subject: RE: "Grand Debut" - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List Community!

I have to agree with Mr. Glover.  In looking over the pahge, it makes me

extremely suspicious that I'll be buying SG to add to my DS before I get
FT.
  I particularly liked Mr. Barclay's rules on outnumbered troops in CC
and
marksmen Vs. Snipers.  Without even knowing the rules, I got an
intuitive
sense that these HR's made sense.

This whole issue brings up my next question: What's a good TO&E for a
"starter" unit?  I've bought some figs, just because they were on
clearance
and I didn't want to miss them.  Between the packs I bought, i've ended
up
with 2 SAW/LMG/MMG type figs, 2 NonComs, 2 GMS launchers, 2
Sniper/marksman
types, and 18 riflemen (I could bash a couple line riflemen to
rifle/grenadiers).  What else should I pick up for a good staring
platoon?
Should I rig one of the riflemen to be an "RTO?"

Thanks,

Brian B2

>From: "oglover" <oglover@bigpond.com>
>To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
>Subject: RE: "Grand Debut" - A Welcome and Invitation to the GZG-List
>Community!
>Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 06:48:10 +1100
>
>Guys,
>
>VERY nice page. Easy to navigate and the "theme"; colour and fonts,
seems
>reflect quite well the feel of Jon's Stargrunt II printed rules.
Overall a