Prev: Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU) Next: Re: [OT] Voting schemes

Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 20:12:49 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

> 1) What obstacles should lie between Santa and the village at the
other end
> of the board? What kind of air defence assets would try and
intercept a UFO?
> (Well a UFS..un-identified flying sleigh)

It rather depends on what setting you want, n'est-ce pas?
Is the opposition taking the attitude "Saint Nicholas is coming and we
have to stop him so we can carry out our Nefarious Plan", or is it
more "What *is* that?  Dunno, let's see if we can knock it down!".

a) If you want to use Ron, Hermione, and What's His Name as flankers,
then you might reasonably have black magicians, hags, vampires etc as
the opposition.
b) If you want a SF setting, then...I dunno, maybe Chinese air defense
assets are mistaking the sleigh for a Capitalist Spy Plane? Depending
on your figures you could have anything from biplanes and blimps to
surface-to-air missiles (wouldn't be likely to seek the sleigh but
might go after the flying car).
c) Maybe W Files agents are trying to score so they can get promoted
to X?
d) Are the Men In Black taking part, and if so, on which side?

Prev: Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU) Next: Re: [OT] Voting schemes