Prev: Re: Framework of nations Next: Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle

Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU)

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 00:57:37 -0000
Subject: Re: Nomenclature (NSL, FSE, ESU)

----- Original Message -----
From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@yahoo.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 10:33 PM

> --- Thomas Barclay <kaladorn@fox.nstn.ca> wrote:
SNIP
> > 3) What does the NSL call their Army? It would
SNIP
> The Austrian Army is
> called the Bundesheer.  Heer means Army, Bundes means
> Federal.  I have no idea what they formally called
> their military under the Hapsburgs--or for that
> matter, what the German Army was called prior to WWI.

I think it was the "Imperial and Royal Army (similarly for the Navy)"
due to
the dual monarchy with Hungary.

> I happen to like the idea of the Bavarian Jaeger
> Brigade, and the Death's Head Hussars, so I'm having a
> loose federation IMU.  YMMV.

I also like the idea of locally\nationally based units;  I'm trying to
think
of an excuse to extend it to the KRF as I like the Austro-Hungarian ship
names, and the abbreviation "Flik" (Fliegerkompanie) for fighter
squadrons,
e.g. Flik 60J is Fliegerkompanie 60, Jager

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: Framework of nations Next: Re: [DS,SG,FMA] Operation Kris Kringle