Prev: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: StanFlex vs OUDF

Re: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:59:00 +1100
Subject: Re: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN

At 09:53  14/12/01 +1100, you wrote:
>At 10:02  13/12/01 +0000, Corey wrote:
>>Does UN voting remain 1 vote/1
>>nation? Is the NAC counted as lots of little nations or one? Or is the
voting
>>now by population?
>
>I suppose it all comes down to how the NAC is organized. But I imagine
it
>will still be one vote per nation in the general assembly, that way the

>smaller nations aren't rolled over by the larger more populous nations.

>One example today is the Pacific Nations, Nauru [which Beth tells me is

>the smallest and newest member of the general assembly, if her memory
>isn't faulty ;) ] gets the same voting rights as the US, UK or any
other
>larger member states.
>
>BUT back to the NAC and how it might fit back together, I would suggest

>going back a hundred years or more to when communication was fast as
the
>fastest transport. News travelled across the sea as fast as the fastest

>ship, examining how the British or Spanish (or back further still the
>Greeks or Phoencians) managed to administer their interests over long
>distances.

This might give some ideas on how the NAC or any other nation in the
GZG-verse might function.

Sorry forgot to finish, too busy looking at Mei, she's already smiling
:)
........ <Proud Dad mode>

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Framework of nations WAS: Re: Attitude on the UN Next: Re: StanFlex vs OUDF