Prev: Re: [FT]Random Musings Next: Re: S'V Seekers

Re: S'V Seekers

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:53:21 +0100
Subject: Re: S'V Seekers

Jaime Tiempo replied to Schoon:

> > I question giving a seeking weapon a secondary move. It virtually
> > assures a hit on the target, assuming it wasn't launched too early
in
> > the approach.
>
>Same thing with fighters. They get an amost asured hit on target too.

Sure, but they inflict *far* less damage than this "seeker". A single SV

drone inflicts on average 0.8 damage per attack (less against screens),
while this Seeker - which uses the *same* amount of bio-mass and energy
create! - inflicts on average 7 pts in a single blow - that's almost 9
times more than the Drone. Squadron-flying drones are also rather more
vulnerable to point defence fire than lone "seekers".

>Considering that MT missiles are considered to ahve advanced AI that
>pilot them like fighters this has never really bothered me with seeking
>wapons.

Considering that the current official rules for the MT missiles (which
still are those in MT) make the VASTLY less maneuverable than fighters,
don't think I agree with this argument.

> >...and with that assured hit, these damage ideas are a bit on the
> >excessive side. Consider that MT missiles are 2 MASS for their
effects.

>And Seekers require 1 mass and 1 energy (which is mass used there where
>it could be used somewhere else), same as a figher. Perhaps 2 energy
>then?

Compare the cost of creating an SV "seeker" with the cost of creating a
single SV Drone.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [FT]Random Musings Next: Re: S'V Seekers